Fixing That Cranky Sun City West Garage Door Yourself
Many people complain about problems regarding their garage doors every once in a while. They seem to have invested a great deal of money for setting them up, but the doors behave like a spoiled child. They get cranky and totally non-operational sometimes. But one cannot go back to the good old days of keeping horse stables; well, they had their own problems anyway.
It helps understand what issues a homeowner faces with a cranky garage door so that troubleshooting becomes easier. This is of course general guidance and things are always best left to the Garage Door Repair Sun City West Service experts. However, a garage door repair service provider can be called in if you prefer to handle things the easier and the right way.
• Garage Door is Noisy
This can happen due to many reasons which are mentioned below:
– Tighten the loose nuts and bolts. Please remember that over-tightening of nuts and bolts would not provide any results. Make them just snug enough.
– The worn out rollers make a good amount of racket as well. Replace them and if you are willing to shell out a little more from your pocket, you may get Nylon rollers. These are far quieter than the steel ones and need lesser lubrication.
– Replace the old hinges if you think lubrication is not enough anymore.
– Overtime, the garage door chain slackens and starts to rub against your track. Adjust the slack by tighteningbut do not overdo it.
– The torsion springs also may cause noise issues, but they need extreme care during handling. This is the reason why they are better left to the garage door repair service providers. If you notice that the springs are broken, call them right away without delay.
• Garage Door Does not Open With Remote
– Replace the batteries in case they are dead and most likely, your problem will be resolved.
– Sometimes, the photo sensor of your garage door may be out of alignment. It would be fixedwith proper adjustment.
– If the springs have issues, call on your preferred garage door repair service provider.
• Garage door does not close
This could be most likely that the garage door’s photo sensors are out of alignment or blocked by some obstruction. Remove the obstruction, re-align to correct the position and check the working.
Also, in case the garage door opener settings are not right, it would cause the door to go back up instead of staying in the open position. Adjust those knobs and dials with the garage door motor that controls the limit settings.
• Garage door is rusting at the bottom
Salt that was sprinkled during the winter to clear out snow is the most likely cause for this problem. It could also be caused by the chemical used in the driveway cleaner. Take a cloth, a little soap and water, and regularly clean away the debris to ensure a rust-free door. And when you feel like a change, you may give it a fresh coat of paint.